The club tournament takes place usually in May. Partnerships are drawn at random and appropriate handicaps set by the committee. Where possible partnerships are mixed but numbers can mean that sometimes two boys or two girls play together. Usually the tournament consists of a group stage with 2 groups, the 1st team of each group playing the 2nd team in the semi finals.
The previous winners of the tournament include ...
- 2014 - Meg and Doug won with Meg taking delight in beating dad Ray in the final, Ray playing with Jacqui.
- 2013 - Kayleigh and Stan took on Jeanette and Richard who weren't able to revenge their loss in the group stage.
- 2012 - Marie and Graeme put in a strong sibling partnership to take this years title against Stan and Jeanette.
- 2011 - This years tournament,saw eleven pairs take place,with the first time for a long time saw more girls playing, than boys,which meant there were some all female pairings. The two sets of finalist were Norman & Carol, taking on Doug & Angela, with Norman & Carol the victors, 21-15 & 21-19
- 2010 - The 2010 took place with eleven pairs, in two groups of five & six, with Dennis & Linda winning through to play Doug & Jacqui, with the latter winning 21-20 in the third end.
- 2009 - This year saw some close games in the club tournament, with the winners being our longest serving member Martin winning with Mark, who beat one of our newest members Craig with Jeanette the runners up, with the final going to three ends.
- 2008 - The 2008 event saw a new star arise in Amanada who with her partner Norman (chairman) runners up to Graeme & Diana, with most of the club took part in the h'cap event which was well h'cap by Roger (who was unable to play due to injury)and there was some close game using the rally point scoring system.
- 2007 - The 2007 event was play on the 11th of may with as usual a mainly mixed event with the finalist being Roger & Sue playing Jeanette & Ray with the winners after three ends Jeanette & Ray.
- 2006 - Most off the club took part in the mainly mixed event with last years winners drawn together again (lucky) ROGER & NICK who reached the final again but failing to retain their trophy by losing to Jon & Shirley in two ends.